DIY Artificial Insemination
Course delivery: In-person
Group based practical course over 4 days.
Key topics and learning outcomes covered by this course include;
- Understand the legislation and the license rules and regulations.
- Identify the key parts of the reproductive anatomy of the cow.
- Understand the oestrous cycle and heat detection.
- Understand the principles of good flask and straw storage and management.
- Explain how to cleanly and safely carry out AI.
- Show how to thaw and handle semen correctly.
- Carry out the practical task of insemination