Lab to Livestock
From Lab to Livestock: Our Environment, Your products, Our Analysis, Your Solution
Using laboratory and field studies, commercial farm scale trials and environmental risk assessments, our tailored service unlocks and maximises the potential of your products, delivering a genuine end to end service that develops and deliver products that are truly fit for major and minor species.
Helping you achieve your vision to improve the health and performance of animals through targeted products and a safer, more abundant food supply, Fera Science Limited, CIEL and RAFT Solutions with six decades of combined experience in livestock research trials to GLP standards as well as GCP (enabling you right from the start of the initial field trial work to focus significantly on GCP capability, as we are in the field for a major aspect). This is a unique partnership passionate about enhancing animal health and enriching lives.
When developing new and enhancing the scope of actives, we understand you need a trusted supplier with the full range of experience in veterinary medicine to give you the comfort that the work will be carried out accurately, efficiently, on time and to budget to secure the full potential of your products. Collectively our unique partnership brings more than 60 years of experience in livestock research, trials to GLP standards and compliance with international regulations in both beef, dairy, poultry, pig and sheep sectors providing a fully end to end solution.
Our specialist CRO team have a passion for animal health, a strong client focus and a track record for developing and delivering tailored innovative solutions. Our combined facilities offer extensive and flexible Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) accredited facilities suitable for all farm animal species. Supported by an independently managed Quality Assurance Unit and trained Good Clinical Practice veterinary (GCPv) Study Monitors. We are proud of our reputation for outstanding service to our clients, providing robust results, timely reporting and value for money.
Our collective team includes experienced environmental exposure modellers skilled in evaluating the risk of veterinary medicines to the environment, and environmental fate and ecotoxicology specialists with expertise in strategic review, study design, evaluating studies, reviewing literature and bespoke analytical assessment, plus in the field application and assessment and study monitoring support, high level bench science and commercial farm field trials of new product registrations and extended product scoping.
We also provide access to a formal network of phenotype farms for trial work and sampling across the country in the beef, dairy, pig and sheep sectors, working with progressive livestock farmers who have been involved in clinical field trials and research programmes for many years and have developed facilities and team structures to support trial work. Ensuring we are very well positioned to undertake field studies; and we have a proven ability to find suitable sites to meet the requirements of specific projects.
Services in this package include:
- ADME studies to determine plasma and tissue kinetics, routes and rates of excretion and provide structural identification of metabolites
- Design of research and development programmes (for the registration of novel veterinary & generics to support desired label claims)
- Management and coordination of existing development projects or of component parts of sponsors
- Design and execution of clinical programmes (efficacy and safety studies, discovery and development) to support desired label claims
- Clinical field trial network and experience,
- Experienced project management team & trusted R&D experience
- Study site selection, management and monitoring (field or CRO based)
- Fast track design, conduct and delivery of individual lab/CRO based efficacy studies
- In depth knowledge of the European regulatory process
- Clinical report writing
- Production of clinical expert statement to support regulatory submissions
- Environmental fate, terrestrial and aquatic ecotoxicity laboratory studies
- Exposure modelling for risk refinement
- Preparation of environmental risk assessments and expert reports
- Data gap analysis and development of testing strategies
- Coordination of the assembly and submission of regulatory dossiers and the response to questions to minimise delays and ensure on time product approval
- Preparation of data and drafting technical responses to questions from regulatory agencies
- Design and delivery of technical transfer packages and publication strategies to support successful product commercialisation
- Writing of technical manuals, practitioner information and scientific papers to support successful product commercialisation strategies
- Design and delivery of market support studies
- Highly respected and renowned practice based veterinary experts in beef, poultry dairy, pig and sheep
- MRL studies to in support of EU maximum residue limits guidelines