Be prepared to maintain your stock bull’s genetics in your herd should anything happen to him
Our on farm semen collection service is delivered by our experienced vets with specialist technician support. The application process for approval of bulls for semen collection can be completed by us on your behalf – we will follow the process through from start to finish.
Our vets and technicians will advise you on the best way to prepare your bull for semen collection depending on your needs. We collect on your own farm to avoid unnecessary movement of your bull, and all collections are performed to domestic distribution standards (UK mainland only).
Once the short quarantine period has ended, we can provide storage of any frozen AI straws until you are ready to use on your farm.
- Application for a license from APHA can be completed on your behalf (in conjunction with your vets) - licenses are valid for three months once granted.
- Collections performed to domestic distribution standards (UK Mainland only).
- Collections performed on your own farm.
- Short quarantine period for processed straws after collection.
- Our vets and technicians can advise on the best way to prepare for collection (cow synchronisation), handling, facilities, etc).